The WSI Manager Trainee Program is a two-year integrated program of training & development amid work assignments throughout the WSI system. This program is designed to lead the successful candidate to an eventual facility manager role. Interested candidates will be required to agree to the terms of the training program, including relocation. Each candidate will work 3-4 month assignments at various WSI locations over the 2 year program; beginning as a Client Service Representative. The time will be split between public and dedicated facilities, learning firsthand the day-to-day nuances of running a distribution center at WSI.
Manager Trainee Training and Development:
In order to achieve the position requirements, manager trainees will receive extensive in-house and offsite training, to include:
- Warehouse Management System training
- Customer Service Representative training with live accounts
- Contracts, sales structure and customer interface training
- Lift truck and needed attachments training
- Information Systems training, including RFGen barcode scanning processes
- Leadership Classes
- Profit & loss statements interpretation
- HR policies and procedures
- Safety and worker’s compensation training
- Legal training regarding contracts, employees, warehouseman’s insurance
- Business writing skills
- International Warehouse Logistics Association Essentials Course (one week course offsite)
Manager Trainee Developmental Goals:
- Understand company services and related pricing. Learn new products and services as required by company and customer.
- Understand research and respond to all appropriate questions from internal and external customers regarding product receipts, orders and billing as well as explain any issues and or any charges. Contact customer with any internal questions on orders or problems.
- Participate in Operations in a manner that supports company vision.
- Provide WSI leadership team with appropriate input and direction to support present and future corporate goals.
- Identify, research, and take appropriate action to improve organizational effectiveness. Whenever possible, utilize lean processes.
- Effectively perform all budgeting and financial assessments required.
- Effectively perform all necessary line and staff functions as required.
- Effectively coordinate interaction between Sales, Operations and Client Services as required.
- Perform all human resource functions as required to acquire, maintain and react to any staffing requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Four year degree in a business and/or supply chain curriculum
- Strong organizational, problem solving, multitasking and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong ability to communicate professionally with both management and employees
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Reliability and team player attitude
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer focus and sense of urgency
- Ability to relocate is required