Duties and Accountabilties
- Receiving invoices from carriers and approving for payment. Invoices will include shipments routed via small parcel, LTL, flatbed, FTL, and drayage.
- Entering freight charges that include line haul, FSC, and accessorial.
- Generating freight invoices and sending to clients.
- Providing freight charge details and history reports to clients as requested.
- Creating routes and rates within the TMS with both carrier and client pricing.
- Scanning and emailing PODs and invoices.
Required Knowledge Skill and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask, and process improvement skills are required.
- Attention to detail is critical for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to respond to requests promptly and resolve issues quickly.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- General accounting knowledge.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or transportation role, including invoice auditing, invoice generation, and TMS proficiency.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Physical Capabilities and Requirements
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in office environment
- Ability to use hands and fingers for computer keyboarding, and answer phone calls.
- Ability to communicate via the telephone using speaking and hearing skills.