Duties and Responsibilities
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Overseeing/Assisting in maintaining, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by coordinating, enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies / procedures.
- Maintains communication with the warehouse employees by working with, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees as necessary.
- Ensures warehouse operational requirements are complete by checking on the schedules and specific assignments of employees; and following up on work results as needed.
- Need to show good customer relation skills and be able to work with different types of cultures and personalities.
- Need to be safety minded, be able to work under pressure, and meet changing deadlines.
- Cultivates and helps to build the LEAN culture as WSI begins the journey through process improvements and measurements.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient reading and writing skills, literate in Word and Excel
- Basic math skills (ability to mentally perform basic calculation)
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and follow through on assigned tasks / responsibilities as assigned by upper management
- Willingness to accept additional assignments
- Ability to safely lift 60 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time through very hot/cold temperatures
- Ability to repetitively twist or turn to drive in reverse
- Ability to turn steering wheel on forklift requiring full rotation of arms and shoulders
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, and squat