Duties and Accountabilties
- Keep warehouse up to code and safe, by reviewing safety codes, design layouts, and security procedures.
- Manages all safety related documents and trainings required for each employee and the area covered.
- Responsible for building maintenance inspections, and day-to-day concerns.
- Ensure compliance with requirements and regulatory ordinances by following protocols and SOPs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and learning from other locations.
- Cultivate and build the LEAN culture through process improvements and measurements.
- Assist in recruiting and selectin new candidates, as needed, to ensure warehouse team staffing levels.
- Oversee new hire orientation content for all employees and keep employee training up-to-date.
- Work with Operations Supervisor to ensure coverage on the floor through break times and scheduling.
- Maintains communication with the team by coaching employees and that work assignments are completed.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills to ensure accurate documentation.
- Understanding of technology equipment including Radio Frequency (RF) Scanners.
- Previous knowledge or a desire to learn about the product being handled.
- Ability to promote a team environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and written.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate of Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years previous leadership experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in warehouse environment.
Physical Capabilities and Requirements
- Ability to sit for extended periods of in an office, yet walk the warehouse floor to speak with the team.
- Ability to use hands for computer keyboarding, answer phones, and writing.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniforms that are provided by the company.