GREEN, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY LOGISTICS SERVICES
For many years, WSI has strived to be a responsible steward of our environment, pursuing green initiatives throughout our facilities and transportation services nationwide.
By putting our experience to work applying Lean principles, our committed workforce is doing its part to uncover new ways to conserve resources, limit emissions and reduce waste.
- Natural landscaping and green space to minimize storm water runoff and surface pollutants
- Use of electric-powered equipment whenever possible
- Active recycling programs at all facilities amounting to thousands of tons of materials recycled each year
- Ongoing program to relight our facilities with the latest in energy-efficient lighting equipment
- EPA SmartWay® Transport Partner, focusing on emission reduction and fuel conservation
- Efficiently laid out facilities to reduce transit times and reduce equipment energy usage
- Telecommuting by many employees to reduce pollution caused by auto emissions