The WSI co-op program will provide broad exposure, training and development to an enrolled university co-op student beginning in January 2017 and running through Sept. 1, 2017.
The WSI co-op program will provide broad exposure, training and development to an enrolled, bachelor's degree-seeking co-op student beginning in January 2017 and running through Sept. 1, 2017. Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity of WSI, from learning the software of our account management and client service processes, to working hands-on in local warehouses, to experiencing practical management techniques and facilitating lean and other projects. The Co-Op Program has a distinct path, and the successful candidate who fits well into the WSI culture will be considered for a full-time facility manager trainee position upon completion of the co-op program.
The co-op will work in a variety of areas within WSI’s functional departments. As a co-op, you will gain exposure to the broader warehouse, fulfillment, compliance, risk management, account management, transportation and sales operations within WSI. You will work alongside team members who offer their own unique skills, tribal knowledge and many years of experience in these areas, allowing you to build on your knowledge and capabilities.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Willingness and eagerness to deliver tangible results, including working in a warehouse environment to drive customer satisfaction and manage clients’ accounts from afar
- The ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced facility environment with unrelenting focus on client needs and multiple deadlines
- The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others, and a strong curiosity for operations
- The ability to carry out all activities with safety, reliability, integrity, compliance and efficiency
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough training in the client service / account management aspects of the company, including rate letters, item set up, daily charges, standard reports and ordering processes
- Participation in meetings in both the client services and operations functions
- Warehouse and supply chain functional duties and management, including product put-away, shipment, fulfillment, transportation, auto signature, physical inventories, cycle counts, truck/rail scheduling, lean projects, safety management, chemical handling, maintenance and other duties as assigned
- Involvement in HR functions, such as learning about employee set-up processes, payroll administration, Time Tracker programs and more
Education, Experience, Skills
- Majoring in Business or Engineering
- Strong computer, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organization/time management and analytical skills. Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) a plus!
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to: EmploymentApps@wsinc.com.